This pamphlet outlines the Liberal Party, the Conservative Party, the NDP, the Green Party and the Christian Heritage Party policies ahead of the 2019 federal election on the following issues:
- Physician-Assisted Suicide
- Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of Religion
- Drug Injection Sites
- LGBT Rights
- Splitting Family Income in Taxation
We hope this pamphlet will help you make a more informed vote when election day arrives.
Feel free to share this pamphlet on social media and print copies to distribute. As a courtesy, please acknowledge REAL Women of Canada researched and published this pamphlet.
The information in this pamphlet is current as of the day it was published.
UPDATE: Some have expressed concern that our pamphlet does not include the People’s Party of Canada (PPC). REAL Women of Canada was unable to include the PPC Party in our election pamphlet because at the time of printing, the party had not yet released its platform on social issues. Subsequent to the printing of our pamphlet, the PPC did release its policies on freedom of religion, conscience and hate speech and gender identity, but unfortunately it was too late to include this in our pamphlet.
We did try to explain this omission in the Background section provided in our pamphlet.
Since the pamphlet was published, the PPC has released its stance on freedom of conscience, free speech, hate speech and gender identity as follows:
- Freedom of Conscience: Supports conscience rights to its fullest extent and opposed to discrimination because of conscience.
- Free Speech and Hate Speech: Supports restricting hate speech to that which promotes violence. Supports repealing any legislation curtailing free speech on the internet.
- Gender Identity: Supports removing gender identity from the Human Rights Act.